8 Insider Tips Guaranteed To Boost Your Social Media Traffic
Social media marketing campaigns are primarily designed to help gain a bigger social following, increase product/brand visibility or drive traffic to a website.
Here are 8 things you need-to-know before you even start thinking about rolling out your next social media campaign.
1. Reserve Your Username Across All Social Media Platforms
Reserve all your usernames across all the social media platforms even if you don’t need them now. This discourages imposters and, trust me, you are going to need those usernames some day.
2. Determine Which Social Media Platforms Best Suit Your Needs
Not all social media platforms are suitable for your kind of marketing campaign.
Trying to build a presence and staying significantly active on all available social media platforms can be time consuming and counterproductive. Instead, try identifying the platforms that will produce the best results for you and focus on them.
3. Optimize Your Social Media Platforms
Once you’ve decided on the platform(s) you intend to use, focus on optimizing your profiles in order to get more followers.
- Select a standard profile picture. Use the same picture on all your social media platforms and add it to Gravatar.
- Be clear and concise. Make it crystal clear in the profile description what it is that you do.
- Supply accurate information. Make sure all the information in your profile is correct and up-to-date.
- Use relevant keywords. Make sure you use keywords in your profile that relate to your business/industry. You want people to find you and embedding pertinent keywords in your profile can't hurt.
4. Connect Your Social Media Accounts To Your Website
Having all your active accounts connected to your websites helps to keep the conversation going.
Visitors on your website can link to any of the listed accounts and your followers on social media can find out more about your offers.
5. Don't Forget The Hashtags
No, it’s not just a pretty function to make your phrase turn into a link and look cool.
Most people actually use hashtags to search for relevant trends on social media. And it’s a nice way to make your promotions (like your upcoming product launch) trend on Facebook.
Just don’t overdo it.
6. Stay Social
Whether you are promoting a personal profile or company/brand’s social media account, you need to actually stay social and interactive.
Follow other users, send friend requests, comment on posts, like other people’s posts, update your status regularly, and share relevant, interesting, and useful information.
7. Stay Out Of Trouble
Each social media platform has its own sets of rules, and some rules cut across all the networks. For instance, Twitter has a limit on how many people you can follow per day, Facebook has restriction on friend-requesting people you don’t know.
So, read the terms and conditions and understand what you're getting into.
8. Track Mentions of Your Brand
This is where PR kicks in. Use online tools to track every mention of your brand across all platforms and find out what people are saying about you or your brand.
Don’t miss a chance to neutralize any negative talk.
And Now, You...
I hope this post gave you a couple of ideas you can use in your social media marketing efforts.
If you have any questions, please ask by leaving a comment below. I'm also interested in any tips you think should be added to this list.
Don't forget to register for our free upcoming video series: Social Media Insights.